Former presidential candidate and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton gave her opinion of President Donald Trump’s 2018 budget. She proclaimed that it:
“… Shows an unimaginable level of cruelty and lack of imagination and disdain for the struggles of millions of Americans, including millions of children.”
“This administration and Republicans in Congress are mounting an onslaught against the needs of children and people with disabilities, women, and seniors.”
“It hurts the well-being of children. It’s time to send a resounding message that we will not stand for this attack on the most vulnerable among us.”
There are many programs being cut. A few of the worst cuts include:
- A huge cut from the CDC that would cut programs to prevent serious viruses such as Ebola and H1N1.
- He is cutting the student loan debt forgiveness program as well. The Public Service Loan Forgiveness program allows people who work in public service to have their loans forgiven.
- Affordable housing programs are being cut as well. This could result in 580,000 fewer affordable homes for needy Americans.
- One program being cut is the Legal Services Corporation. Millions of Americans receive legal assistance because of this service.
- One of the worst things is a $10.5 billion cut to federal education initiatives. One of these includes the Child Care Access Means Parents In School (CCAMPIS), which helps people with children be able to access affordable childcare while in school.
These and many other things are why Secretary Clinton’s assessment of Trump’s budget is entirely accurate.
Featured image via Twitter.