A man in Los Angeles has gotten a ridiculously harsh sentence over destroying Trump’s Hollywood Walk of Fame star.
James Lambert Otis, 53, has been sentenced to THREE YEARS of probation for destroying the star with a sledge hammer. He also owes $3,700 to the Hollywood Historic Trust and $700 to the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce.
— Hot Story (@hotstorycrime) February 21, 2017
Yes, it is vandalism, but three years is excessive.
Otis said this about it when he pled guilty:
“Upon reflection after my arrest, I had said I was proud and felt very good about destroying Mr Trump’s star. However, now I realize I was wrong, that I shouldn’t have done it.”
“… [While] reflecting, I realized non-violence is the way to protest Mr Trump. By destroying that star, it was wrong and I apologize for that, and I hope no one else will affect and hurt the Hollywood Walk of Fame stars.”
Earlier in the campaign, someone cleverly trolled the star by building a tiny wall around it. That is a better protest than just destroying it.
Funny Donald Trump Memes and Viral Images: Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame Star pic.twitter.com/5mzR4l3ElK
— Moody Dose (@moodydose) February 6, 2017
Featured image via Twitter.