In January 2017, the United States will release the scariest horror movie we have ever made into the world: Donald Trump’s presidential inauguration ceremony.
- Archbishop of New York Cardinal Timothy Michael Dolan
- Reverend Dr Samuel Rodriguez, president of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference
- Paula White, pastor of New Destiny Christian Center
- Rabbi Marvin Hier, dean and founder of the Simon Wiesenthal Center
- Rev. Franklin Graham, president of Samaritan’s Purse and president of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association
- Bishop Wayne T. Jackson, senior pastor of Great Faith Ministries International
We already know that Trump and the Vice President-elect Mike Pence are not friendly towards non-believers.
Yes, they have leaders of different faiths, but we are a secular nation. We shouldn’t be using religious leaders to swear in the most important leader in the country.
Paula White, who has been “advising” Trump, preaches the “prosperity gospel.” She says that if her congregants send in a “seed” of $1,144, then they will get a “resurrection seed.” These con artists scam people out of their money by telling them that their donation will lead to them getting more money.
Is this the kind of person we want to swear in as our president?
He also spoke of diversity, which Trump doesn’t really do well. We will have to fight Trump every step of the way to get him to enforce the separation of church and state.
Featured image via Twitter.